Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Summer Ahead!

Well, it's Tuesday. Bleh. Three more days until the weekend! Seems like it will never get here. Lots of work and cleaning to do this week and no energy to do it with. But at least summer's coming up quick. No more getting the kids up at the crack of dawn to get ready for school. They can sleep until noon and I can use that time to get all my stuff done. I'm sure I'll be using a couple of those days to sleep till noon too . . . maybe.

Now if I can just find some good recipes for summer. I'm still stuck in winter food mode. I love the soups and stews and casseroles that are warm and cheesy and good during winter. I love them all year around, but having a big bowl of chili in 90 degree weather kind of ruins it.

So I'm trying to find something that good for the hotter weather that isn't strictly sandwiches or hot dogs. Guess it's time to fire up the old grill and cook some steaks this weekend. And put the pool up. And store the winter clothes. Or maybe I'll just put it off for one more week and sleep late since next week will be really busy with the 8th grade graduation coming up and vacation plans to be made.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment